One Hawthorne New Construction Homes for Sale in San Francisco
The condos at One Hawthorne in San Francisco were released for sale in early 2011 and I have toured the building several times since their opening. Their sales office describes the condo homes as:
hand-selected materials and thoughtfully edited details meet the eye at every level, beginning with the hewn wood and stone surfaces of the lobby and rising through the warm, artful interiors of each home
The finishes are pretty much what you would expect for a building in this location, built at this time, and being sold at this price. I was happy to see that gas stoves were the standard, with the exception of the studio homes which must have an electric cooktop because of city building code.
The dues at the condos in One Hawthorne are, in my humble opinion, on the high side when you consider that the amenities are a:
- beautiful roof deck
- attended lobby
- valet parking (for homes with parking, additional fee applies)
- outside terrace
- high speed elevators
Not to sound petty, but I’m having a hard time counting “three high speed elevators” as an amenity in a 20+ story building, but I suppose it is better than buying a condo home in a building with only one slow as molasses elevator that breaks on a frequent but completely random schedule.
Parking is another concern for potential buyers, because there are less parking spots than homes, and a monthly valet parking fee is in addition to your HOA dues for those homes that are lucky enough to have a parking spot. While the central and very walkable location takes a little sting out of this, for those that will be commuting outside of the city it definitely adds to you monthly costs.
- Stainless steel appliances and gas cooktops (Bosch) are standard. The studios have a Gaggenau electric cooktop while the Penthouses use Thermador equipment.
- Cabinets are Studio Becker in white acrylic
- Countertops are polished quartzite
- Fixtures are a polished chrome finish from Watermark
- Italian tile floor with tub and/or shower surrounds
- Frameless glass shower doors
- White oak Studio Becker vanity (master bathroom)
- Ivory high-gloss Studio Becker vanity (second bathroom, if applicable)
- Limestone countertops
- Polished chrome Watermark fixtures
So there you have it, a quick overview of the condos at One Hawthorne in San Francisco, CA. If you are interested in taking a tour and would like independent representation or additional information and our thoughts about the building, please get in touch today:
The developer for One Hawthorne is exclusively represented by The Mark Co.